httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Behlendorf <br...@apache.org>
Subject Re: horrible propagation delay for e-mail to new-httpd?
Date Tue, 07 Dec 1999 20:03:43 GMT
On Tue, 7 Dec 1999, Mark Bixby wrote:
> Mark Bixby wrote:
> >
> > Hi new-httpd,
> >
> > A message I mailed to new-httpd from my work address of mark_bixby@hp.com took
> > THREE AND A HALF DAYS to actually be mailed to the list subscribers.
>
> But yet this message propagated within minutes so I'm confused as to why my
>
> Can anybody enlighten me?

Yes.  You were posting from an address that was not subscribed to the
list, and required moderator approval, which I usually do the rounds
through once or twice a week for majordomo lists.  Once it moves to ezmlm
the turnaround time can be much faster since I can separate moderate
messages from bounce messages more easily.

	Brian