httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Stein <gst...@lyra.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache-2.0/src/lib/apr/threadproc/unix thread.c
Date Tue, 07 Dec 1999 00:30:02 GMT
On 6 Dec 1999 rbb@hyperreal.org wrote:
> rbb         99/12/06 07:47:46
>
>   Modified:    src/lib/apr acconfig.h configure.in
>                src/lib/apr/include apr.h.in apr_network_io.h
>                src/lib/apr/lib apr_pools.c
>                src/lib/apr/threadproc/unix thread.c
>   Log:
>   Cleanup some mistakes I made.  We are now configuring the APR_HAS_FOO
>   macros in a cleaner way IMO, and that required that we always use #if
>   instead of #ifdef.  I also used the wrong #if HAVE_SIGNAL_H macro
>   in apr_pools.c.

This seems very wrong, to me. We just got done having a discussion that we
would be using the #ifdef variety for feature testing. I do not think we
ought to be using #ifdef for autoconf tests, but #if for APR tests. We are
sure to run into a confusion somewhere and have unexpected results.

Why can't we use #ifdef for APR, too?

Cheers,
-g

--