httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ryan Bloom <...@raleigh.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Apache autoconf leakage :-)
Date Mon, 06 Dec 1999 19:25:55 GMT
On Mon, 6 Dec 1999, Jim Jagielski wrote:

> Ryan Bloom wrote:
> >
> > 1)  Protect the namespace in autoconf/automake (requires modifications to
> > those packages)
> >

> If these patches get included with the real distribution then I'm
> +1. Otherwise, we'd need to maintain a patch file to these
> packages for developers to use and apply. Ugly.

Yeah, my intention was to create the patches and send them off to the
autoconf guys.  I have no desire to maintain a bunch of patches against
their code.

> Let me dig through some notes I had. I thought there was some way
> to "force" ac/am to add a prefix to all vars. Even if not, should
> be easy to implement/add to the packages.

If you've got a way to do this already cool, if not I don't think it will
be hard to add, but I can't look too closely at it yet, or I may be
infected by the GPL.  :-)  I love those lawyers.

Ryan

Ryan Bloom		rbb@raleigh.ibm.com
4205 S Miami Blvd