httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Fabien COELHO <coe...@cri.ensmp.fr>
Subject RE: Mass virtual hosting - how to handle ftp?
Date Fri, 03 Dec 1999 07:44:58 GMT

> | > Have you considered WebDAV?
> | >
> | > http://www.webdav.org/
> |
> | Not really, I don't think DAV is widespread enough yet to be a
> | worthwhile choice right now, however obviously in the future DAV would
> | be the obvious choice.
>
> DAV is fully integrated into Office 2000 as
> well as the last two versions of the most
> widely used browser in the world.  You might
> want to take a second look at it :-)

Poor man's DAV is the HTTP PUT method. It's been behind netscape composer
"publish" for a long time, I think. mod_put implements it for apache.

Otherwise you can develop some cgi to provide a minimum
ls/delete/move/copy functionnality.

--
Fabien Coelho ___ coelho@cri.ensmp.fr ___ http://www.cri.ensmp.fr/~coelho