httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Dirk-Willem van Gulik <di...@webweaving.org>
Subject Solaris 2.7 and getting a clean coredump
Date Thu, 02 Dec 1999 20:57:57 GMT

Anyone have any hints as how to proceed... apache bombs out with a
bus/segv's quite often.. and I'd like a core.

As we have 200+ active processes and 50 req/second attaching a debuger to
PID's is not an option.. kind of difficult to guess which one :-)

Now I've set/tried

	ulimit -c unlimited

	cd to the core-directory before startup

	CoreDumpDirectory ...

	the coredump directory is rw for the world. There is
	enough disk space.

A 'kill -SEGV' does not yield core's either, but a CGI like

	#/usr/local/bin/perl
	$|++;
	print "Content-type: text/plain\n\n"
	exec "ulimit -a; kill -SIGV $$";

produces one (of sh) just fine. Kind of suggesting that the inherited
child environment is fine.

Of course the log nicely log's the child SIGV-ing in both cases. Even
though the SEGV of apache causes no core.

Any hints. Same setup dumps fine on BSD.

Any and all suggestions appreciated !

Dw