httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ben Laurie <...@algroup.co.uk>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache-2.0/src buildconf configure.in
Date Mon, 20 Dec 1999 23:38:03 GMT
rbb@apache.org wrote:

> > Well, that's partly what puzzles me. I don't see any merging.
>
> The merging is done silently.

I don't like makefiles that hide stuff. In my experience, if it works
no-one cares how much output there is, and if it doesn't, why hide the
useful stuff?

>  Basically, we copy all of the object files
> into objs/ and then create the library from those files.  I have committed
> changes that stop us from building the individual libraries.

Cool.

> > That's not the problem - the unresolved stuff is exclusively APR
> > functions.
>
> I haven't tested on FreeBSD for a few weeks.  You have three options,
> 1)  send me the output of your build and let me see if I can figure it
> out.
> 2)  wait and I will test it on a FreeBSD box tomorrow and commit the
> problems.
> 3)  Fix it yourself.

As you will have spotted by now, 3 is my general choice, but I do try to
find out wtf is going on before I break stuff :-)

In this case I'll probably get hit by 2 involuntarily!

> There may be some functions not built on FreeBSD, but I don't personally
> know of any.

Nor I. That doesn't seem to be the root problem.

Cheers,

Ben.

http://www.apache-ssl.org/ben.html

     - Indira Gandhi