httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Tom Harrington <...@crosstor.com>
Subject #ifdef MULTITHREAD in 1.3.9
Date Fri, 17 Dec 1999 22:38:36 GMT
I'd appreciate a bit of clarification on MULTITHREAD in 1.3.9.

I understand that the parent process starts a child process, which in
turn starts a bunch of threads to handle requests.  But while I can
see where the parent watches to see if the child dies, I can't see
anywhere that the child keeps track of whether its worker threads
are still running.  Although worker_main() records worker thread
info in the child_handles array, it doesn't seem to use this
information except at shutdown.  Is there some detail I'm missing
where this is handled, or does the MULTITHREAD code simply assume
that none of the worker threads will unexpectedly exit?

I know that this code is pretty Windows-specific, but some details of
the approach will be useful in the port I'm doing.

--
Tom Harrington
CrosStor Software, Inc.