httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ovies Brabson <ovi...@us.ibm.com>
Subject apache design doc...
Date Wed, 08 Dec 1999 20:06:59 GMT
> Hi,
> Sorry if this is OT..but I thought this might be the best list to ask...
>
> Where can I find a document that explains the design of httpd.?? I know I
> should be looking at the source but any doc that willl ease the task will be
> really appreciated..
>
> Thx,
> Arni

I recently found a book that might be what you are looking for.  "Apache
Server, Commentary, In-Depth Code Annotation" by Greg Holden, Nicholas
Wells, Matthew Keller.  The first half of the book seems to be a print
out of the apache source code and the second half of the book describes
what pieces fit together and what they do and refers back to the source
code.  It may what you are looking for if you are trying to learn the
code.