httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ben Laurie <...@algroup.co.uk>
Subject Re: .tgz MIME type?
Date Sat, 04 Dec 1999 16:50:27 GMT
Martin Kraemer wrote:

> On Thu, Dec 02, 1999 at 09:39:31PM +0000, Ben Laurie wrote:
> > Should it be set to application/octet-stream? Or what?
>
> I'd say the Content-Type is application/x-tar, just like .tar
> Only the Content-Encoding is gzip. Or am I mistaken?

Hmm. A Content-Encoding of gzip would only be appropriate if one
expected the client to unzip it as it arrived (and magically rename it
to .tar?). So I'd say that isn't right.

The Content-Type is, in fact, a compressed tar, but there doesn't seem
to be a way to say that.

Cheers,

Ben.

http://www.apache-ssl.org/ben.html