httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Ames <grega...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: OS/390 Translation
Date Fri, 03 Dec 1999 16:04:07 GMT
> Using '\n' would definitely cause problems for TPF and BS2000 (both EBCDIC
> machines).

Hmmm, I checked '\n' on OS/390 and got 0x15.  That works, because running it
thru the
standard ascii conversion produces 0x0a ( \012) which is \n in the most of the
ascii world, and is the desired result.  What is '\n' on TPF and BS2000?

My goal is to provide Apache support for EBCDIC content in charsets that don't
map to ISO-8859-1.  I'm thinking that replacing most of the \012 strings with
something more portable will simplify that task.

Greg Ames