httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Graham Leggett <minf...@sharp.fm>
Subject Re: Mass virtual hosting - how to handle ftp?
Date Fri, 03 Dec 1999 09:37:57 GMT
Peter Galbavy wrote:

> If you really have 6.5M users or potential users, then you need to
> spend some money getting the service working. One way of helping you
> spend this money, I am sure, will be people who will offer to hack (a
> useful, secure) ftpd with LDAP support. Then doing something like
> Demon, and chroot'ing that user into their own space (all under one
> UNIX userid) will allow them to "just do it".

"Spent some money to get the service working" is precisely what the
client did, and we are the people tasked with making it happen :) Before
coming up with a custom solution (which looks to be our choice at this
stage) I wanted to find out if this wheel had not already been invented
somewhere else. Guess not :)

Regards,
Graham
minfrin@sharp.fm		"There's a moon