httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Eli Marmor <mar...@elmar.co.il>
Subject Re: Solaris 2.7 and getting a clean coredump
Date Thu, 02 Dec 1999 21:19:35 GMT
Solaris processes can't core dump after calling setuid().
Try to run it as non-root (with port number > 1023) and a dir
which is writable by the uid. You can also run it with "User"
root (httpd.conf), or copy /usr/bin/gcore to a temporary and
secret place, change its mode to 4755, and call it explitcitly
from Apache before crashing.

In addition, don't forget to ensure that limit coredumpsize is
unlimited, and the directory where core is going to be dumped
is writable by the user.

DON'T FORGET TO RESTORE EVERYTHING LATER!  (httpd.conf, or the
secret copy of gcore, etc.).

--
Eli Marmor