httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Graham Leggett <minf...@sharp.fm>
Subject Mass virtual hosting - how to handle ftp?
Date Thu, 02 Dec 1999 15:04:11 GMT
Hi all,

We have been looking at the mass virtual hosting module for Apache to
create an environment where we can have lots of userids inside an LDAP
database and host a website called <userid>.domain.com for each user.
This is the easy part, mod_vhost_alias works great.

The hard part is the fact that we also need to provide these users with
ftp access to their directories... and we definitely don't want to
create posix accounts so these people can do this, as this will mean
extra work we want to avoid.

Has this problem been solved by someone? If so, how?

Regards,
Graham
minfrin@sharp.fm		"There's a moon
					over Bourbon Street