httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Ames <grega...@us.ibm.com>
Subject OS/390 Translation
Date Wed, 01 Dec 1999 22:01:19 GMT
> I've been testing doing this at runtime with:
>
>   +#ifdef   OS390
>   +/* Use OS/390's built-in translation function to initialize tables.
>   + */

I like the basic idea.  It's not as flexible as iconv() though, which we probably want to
use eventually.

> +    os_toascii[012] = 012;
> +    os_toascii[015] = 015;
I think you mean:
     os_toascii[\012] = \012;
     os_toascii[\015] = \015;
to pass thru the \012 and \015 EBCDIC constants contained in Apache unmolested to the ASCII
world.

btw, is there a reason why we can't just use the symbolics CR and LF from httpd.h rather than
\012 and \015 throughout Apache?  Seems like that would simplify things quite a bit  (\r and
\n might
cause trouble on MacOS and/or AS/400.)  A quick grep on my Linux box gives me 49 lines containing
either \012 or \015.  Changing these to symbolics seems manageable if there's no gotchas.