httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: 1.3.10 release... postponed
Date Tue, 28 Dec 1999 15:31:15 GMT
Eli Marmor wrote:

> Maybe I missed something...
>
> If I understood right, the only reason why EAPI was excluded from
> 1.3.10 and planned to be inserted into 1.3.11, was to allow 1.3.10 to
> be released in a few days (which were passed, meanwhile). Delaying
> 1.3.10 even further, makes this irrelevant. If there is still anybody
> who opposes EAPI, I would expect him to demand to release 1.3.10
> yesterday (as Jim suggested on December 26, to freeze it on December
> 24...  I hope he meant December 1999 and not 2000...). In any case,
> you can't support delaying 1.3.10 to the next millenium and to cancel
> plans for 1.3.11, while opposing inclusion of EAPI in 1.3.10 "because
> it is too close and should be delayed to 1.3.11". It is impossible to
> eat the cake and yet have it.
>
> Sorry for the sarcasm, but I'm really puzzled  :-?

Here's the deal. I was hoping to get 1.3.10 out before Christmas,
or at least before the New Year. I called for a vote to see if
that was OK. Unfortunately, during that time, my posts to new-httpd
were not being posted in a "timely" manner so that the call-for-votes
came and went after the deadline. It's my goal to have 1.3.10 out
by the 7th or so, but this is the week between Christmas and
New Years and most people are spending time with family and friends
and I'm not going to bother people now about it (I was willing to
do the work if there was enough interest). So right after the
1st, I'm going to once again call for votes and setup a schedule
to release 1.3.10 as it's currently defined: no EAPI or IPv6.
                "Are you suggesting coconuts migrate??"