httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Sascha Schumann <sas...@schumann.cx>
Subject Re: -lc_r as LDFLAGS ?
Date Mon, 27 Dec 1999 18:59:45 GMT
On Mon, Dec 27, 1999 at 10:01:18AM -0500, Jim Jagielski wrote:

> But I _think_ it's because the reentrant version of readdir is
> _called_ readdir in libc_r...

    Jim, the point here is that linking directly against libc_r
    does not work, no matter what libc_r contains (yes, it
    contains a symbol named readdir, but we do not need to care).
    Cannot we agree on using something which works and which is
    the recommened way to use Pthreads on FreeBSD?

--

          Regards,

                            Sascha Schumann
                                 Consultant