httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Costello <ch...@calldei.com>
Subject Re: Solution for pthreads configure problem.
Date Wed, 22 Dec 1999 20:48:47 GMT
On Wed, Dec 22, 1999, Ryan Bloom wrote:
> > Yeah, as we discussed before, we need a good per-OS routine to
> > determine flags for eah platform. This will be done.
>
> This is my work for the next few hours and tomorrow morning.  My plan:
>
> If --with-threads=pth is specified for Apache, we use the flags Ralf has
> specified as necessary to build with pth.  If not, we check for
> libpthreads, and if it is around, we try to compile with --pthread.  If
> this works, we specify it in the LD_FLAGS variable.

   It will not work.  Under FreeBSD, as I mentioned in a previous
post on this thread, there _is_ no libpthread; it's libc_r.  I
like Greg Stein's idea of checking whether gcc -pthread will
actually properly compile a threaded program, and then use that
if it works, or try other methods (such as attempting to link
with -lpthread if it exists).

--