httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Manoj Kasichainula <man...@io.com>
Subject Re: Solution for pthreads configure problem.
Date Wed, 22 Dec 1999 18:19:10 GMT
On Wed, Dec 22, 1999 at 12:08:10PM -0500, Ryan Bloom wrote:
> 1)  if using the prefork MPM, we should disable threads in APR.  I am not
> sure of the best way to do this, but I am working on it.

I'm not either; I was trying to figure this out last night. Right now,
Apache is using AC_CONFIG_SUBDIRS(lib/apr) to start APR's configure.
But, AFAICT, there's no way to tell autoconf to add arguments to the
configure invocation.

So, I guess AC_CONFIG_SUBDIRS will have to be replaced with a direct
invocation of APR's configure. It'd be nice ot keep around though,
because it automatically takes careof things like redirecting the
cache file and such so we don't have ot bother. Oh well.

Anyway, I'd set up something like APACHE_OUTPUT() macro in
acinclude.m4. It would append arguments to $APR_CONFIGURE_FLAGS, which
would then be used in the APR configure invocation.

> 2)  If not using the prefork MPM, then we need to detect the pthreads
> flags correctly.  I suggest we do not use the -pthread option for cc.

Yeah, as we discussed before, we need a good per-OS routine to
determine flags for eah platform. This will be done.