httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Manoj Kasichainula <>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache-2.0/src Configure
Date Wed, 22 Dec 1999 07:45:41 GMT
On Wed, Dec 22, 1999 at 08:25:45AM +0100, Ralf S. Engelschall wrote:
> This is actually too ultra, because this way it no longer allows you to
> compile Apache 2.0 with GNU Pth or the LinuxThread port instead of FreeBSD
> uthread (which -pthread enables implicitly). Hmmm....

Yeah, that's bad. I won't make the decision here. I'm comfortable
building the server either way; I'm just trying to make it easy for
people just jumping in to the code for the first time. If anyone wants
to revert the patch, redo it more cleanly, or leave it the way it is,
I'm happy. Maybe a note in a README is enough.

BTW, will non-system thread libraries like Pth even work with 2.0
right now?  I'm mostly worried about APR, because I don't know if
anyone has had the time to implement that yet.

The autoconf setup in Apache has the same problem. PHP4 seems to let
you choose pthreads, Pth, or whatever. I guess it wouldn't be hard to
make the pthread-checking macro also support --with-pth.

View raw message