httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Manoj Kasichainula <man...@io.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache-2.0/src/modules/standard mod_include.c mod_log_config.c mod_negotiation.c
Date Tue, 21 Dec 1999 21:31:40 GMT
On Tue, Dec 21, 1999 at 05:20:33PM -0500, Ryan Bloom wrote:
> I still think the #ifdef decision is wrong for Apache

Where that stands right now is that we know that #ifdef will work on
all compilers when something is undefed, but we don't know this for
#if. And since autoheader generates #undef/#define, I have no
inclination to change the definition of those macros. If all compilers
will not barf horribly on #if BLAH if BLAH isn't defined, then I have
no qualms about switching to #if (though I'm too lazy to bother with
it myself).

The positives and negatives of the two approaches should be the same
for Apache and APR. Ideally, the solution should be as well.