httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Manoj Kasichainula <man...@io.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache-2.0/src buildconf configure.in
Date Tue, 21 Dec 1999 19:53:15 GMT
On Tue, Dec 21, 1999 at 08:16:54PM +0100, Sascha Schumann wrote:
> > -pthread also turns on -D_REENTRANT on my Linux box.
>
>     You are probably using gcc-2.95.2. That is the first gcc
>     release which also enables -D_REENTRANT on Linux when
>     -pthread is used. Needless to say that this specific gcc
>     version isn't widely available.

Actually, I'm using egcs 1.1.2, which is now distributed with Red Hat,
and I believe other distributions as well. But, if gcc 2.7 doesn't support it,
then yeah, there's more evidence that we should add it.

> > Are there any good autoconf macros that have all this stuff
> > encapsulated already?
>
>     None which perform OS-specific checks.

I've been pointed at the Python configure.in. I don't know whether it
does OS-specific checks (it's doesn't for -D_REENTRANT), but it's a
good place to start.

Manoj