httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Martin Kraemer <Martin.Krae...@Mch.SNI.De>
Subject Re: reworking of cronolog as mod_cronolog (or folding into mod_l
Date Mon, 20 Dec 1999 16:19:01 GMT
On Sun, Dec 19, 1999 at 08:43:31PM +0100, Martin Kraemer wrote:
> I can only decide about it when I know how the ownership will be handled.
> +1 if nothing changes against the current situation (except for the added
> functionality).

I imagine that the reopening of the logfiles could be limited to the
point(s) in time where the server is restarted. Simply sending a SIGUSR1
at midnight would automatically rotate "per day" (combined with the
modifications of mod_log_config, and an appropriate configuration) or
per month or whatever.

    Martin
--
  <Martin.Kraemer@MchP.Siemens.De>      |       Fujitsu Siemens