httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Manoj Kasichainula <>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache-2.0/src buildconf
Date Mon, 20 Dec 1999 04:36:54 GMT
On Sun, Dec 19, 1999 at 08:33:55PM -0600, Me at IO wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 20, 1999 at 02:15:12AM +0000, Ben Laurie wrote:
> > OK, but the config.cache should still be removed, surely?
> Hmmm. Yeah, I guess it makes sense.

Actually, that's not necessary. One of the benefits of using
AC_CONFIG_SUBDIRS is that the configure script from APR is told to use
the existing config.cache. This is cool, because it saves a lot of
time rechecking stuff, and we also don't have to worry about multiple

> Well, now, all you should have to do in theory is (thanks to your
> work):

Actually, with a couple of changes I just made, the steps are:

cd src
./configure --flags

I can document this in the repository, but there are already enough
READMEs and install documents that one more is just going to get
confusing. I'd like to add the docs when we've crossed the point of no
return; after/if we delete the old configuration system.

The most important flags (visible with ./configure --help) are:

--enable-MODULE (and yes, --disable works)
--disable-shared (will speed up compiles; I may make this the default
                  until DSOs work)

Manoj Kasichainula - manojk at io dot com -

View raw message