httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Martin Kraemer <Martin.Krae...@Mch.SNI.De>
Subject Re: 1.3.10
Date Wed, 15 Dec 1999 21:47:57 GMT
On Wed, Dec 15, 1999 at 08:48:19AM +0200, Eli Marmor wrote:

> 1. Releasing 1.3.10 soon, without IPv6, but WITH EAPI, disabled by
>    default, ifdefed, and titled as "experimental".

+1, because adapting "the other SSL package" is a one time task, not
    a task to be executed repeatedly.

> 2. Develop IPv6 slowly, without any pressure, and collect feedback and
>    bugs of 1.3.10, including possible problems with EAPI.

+1, because my feeling about the "product quality" of the IPv6 patches
    are mixed. Many portability problems will pop up on various platforms,
    and maybe it was best to add the patch right after 1.3.10 release,
    and then fix everything from there.

> 3. Releasing 1.3.11 later, somewhere in 2000, with IPv6. EAPI will be
>    still disabled by default, and also ifdefed, but may be not
>    "experimental" anymore.

+1 IMO.

    Martin
--