httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Manoj Kasichainula <man...@raleigh.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Apache autoconf leakage :-)
Date Tue, 07 Dec 1999 23:25:25 GMT
On Mon, Dec 06, 1999 at 05:08:08PM -0600, Me at IO wrote:
> Actually, I still think the cleanest solution will be to prevent the
> Apache headers that get touched by modules from using autoconf macros,

Just a status update: I think I've almost finished this. I have to fix
httpd.h by moving a big pile of defines to either MPM-specific or
OS-specific header files; then we can include "mpm_defaults.h" or
"os.h" to get these. Then I have one left in http_log.h: a few
small elements in a structure are left out if HAVE_RELIABLE_PIPED_LOGS
isn't defined.

Other than that, this seems to be pretty easy (though it's all
completely untested so far), mostly because there's already a
CORE_PRIVATE define that a bunch of the platform-dependant stuff can
require.

Eventually, it would be cool to separate out everything that should be
accessible outside a module and put it in separate header files. Then,
only these header files would be accessible to modules. Voila! A
defined API!

--
Manoj Kasichainula - manojk@raleigh.ibm.com
IBM, Apache Development