httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Manoj Kasichainula <man...@io.com>
Subject Re: Apache autoconf leakage :-)
Date Tue, 07 Dec 1999 08:13:49 GMT
On Mon, Dec 06, 1999 at 05:47:26PM -0500, Jim Jagielski wrote:
> Yeah... basically the idea was/is to create another macro, AC_P_DEFINE
> which added a prefix to the arguments. For example:
>
>    AC_P_DEFINE(APR_,HAVE_STDIO)
>
> would result in #define APR_HAVE_STDIO

How would this help? The problem isn't that we can't define APR_
prefixed macros; just do AC_DEFINE(APR_HAVE_STDIO). And this is m4, so
I'm sure we can do something like AC_DEFINE([$1]_HAVE_STDIO) if we
want; AC_P_DEFINE should be unnecessary.

The problem (assuming that we think namespacing is the solution, which
I don't) is that the built-in autoconf macros, like AC_HEADER_STDC,
don't use a prefix. Either there has to be an AC_AUTOPREFIX, or every
single call to AC_DEFINE(blah) in the autoconf macros has to be
changed to AC_DEFINE([$5]_blah).

"Cheese is a useful thing, too. Should WebDAV have cheese?"
  -- Larry Masinter