httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@devsys.jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: Apache autoconf leakage :-)
Date Mon, 06 Dec 1999 22:47:26 GMT
Ryan Bloom wrote:

> Yeah, my intention was to create the patches and send them off to the
> autoconf guys.  I have no desire to maintain a bunch of patches against
> their code.
>
> If you've got a way to do this already cool, if not I don't think it will
> be hard to add, but I can't look too closely at it yet, or I may be
> infected by the GPL.  :-)  I love those lawyers.

Yeah... basically the idea was/is to create another macro, AC_P_DEFINE
which added a prefix to the arguments. For example:

   AC_P_DEFINE(APR_,HAVE_STDIO)

would result in #define APR_HAVE_STDIO

I looked at extending AC_DEFINE but that required forcing the number
of arguments; not good. Also looked at addining something like
AC_AUTOPREFIX(APR_) and then AC_P_DEFINE(HAVE_STDIO) but I saw
times when that would be limiting and result in trouble if anyone
ever had the need for more than one "auto" prefix :/
                "Are you suggesting coconuts migrate??"