httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Manoj Kasichainula <man...@io.com>
Subject Re: [Patch]: Make cgis work properly under unix.
Date Mon, 06 Dec 1999 22:31:53 GMT
On Mon, Dec 06, 1999 at 02:11:08PM -0500, Ryan Bloom wrote:
> Now for some other nits that I should have picked up the last time this
> function was changed.  Defining a type called "my_stupid_string" that is
> only useful inside a function is really ugly.

That was my doing. It's purpose was to eliminate strdup while not
forcing us to cast away a "const". Is there a better way to define a
non-const pointer to a (const char *).  If so, please use it; I don't
like the my_stupid_string thing particularly either, but I think it's
better than forcing a cast.

"Life is like an analogy." - Aaron Allston