httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Manoj Kasichainula <man...@io.com>
Subject Re: Apache autoconf leakage :-)
Date Sun, 05 Dec 1999 21:42:06 GMT
On Sun, Dec 05, 1999 at 02:49:35PM -0500, Ryan Bloom wrote:

> Well, APR has been plugged, but we have an Apache leak now.

Apache is gushing macros, because everything has to include
ap_config_auto.h.

The only way I can think of to avoid this is to not include
ap_config.h in httpd.h. I'm guessing this won't be a simple task,
though.

> The two obvious ones I have hit are PACKAGE and VERSION.  I will be
> fixing these very shortly by re-naming them to AP_PACKAGE and
> AP_VERSION in Apache

PACKAGE and VERSION are set by AC_INIT_AUTOMAKE, and the automake docs
say these are required. Plus there are the various HAVE_blah macros
made by automake which would just be pure hell to try to cram into a
namespace.