httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Wilfredo Sanchez <wsanc...@apple.com>
Subject HARD_SERVER_LIMIT
Date Sat, 04 Dec 1999 02:19:15 GMT
  Is there any reason why Windows has a larger HARD_SERVER_LIMIT
than Unix?  Why not bump up the value to 1024 for Unix as well?

  Apparently the apple.com guys don't want to use Apache because
they've run into this limit when they tried it out. I can build them
one with a larger limit, but I'm wondering if I should just change
this limit for the built-in Apache on OS X, since we have no reason
to think the system will crap out, and in any case we'd fix it if it
did.  Is that a reasonable thing to do?

	-Fred

--
       Wilfredo Sanchez, wsanchez@apple.com
Apple Computer, Inc., Core Operating Systems / BSD