httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Manoj Kasichainula <man...@raleigh.ibm.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache-2.0/src/include ap_ac_config.h
Date Wed, 01 Dec 1999 18:52:16 GMT
On Wed, Dec 01, 1999 at 07:56:40AM -0500, Ryan Bloom wrote:
> We shouldn't be using select anymore in Apache.  It should be using
> ap_poll, and ap_poll will figure out how to use select.  So, this whole
> check shouldn't be necessary.

Most of the uses are in MPMs, so it's perfectly legitimate. I agree,
though, it would make definitely make things easier to switch.

But I'm focusing on making autoconf work with the existing code and
making sure it can do everything we want; except for the really easy
stuff, I'm not bothering with porting things to APR that would remove
Apache's autoconf checks yet.

--
Manoj Kasichainula - manojk@raleigh.ibm.com
IBM, Apache Development