httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Bill Stoddard" <stodd...@raleigh.ibm.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache-2.0/src/os/win32 main_win32.c
Date Sat, 18 Dec 1999 01:59:44 GMT
> | Option 1 - Assume the relative location of the pid file is constant
(what
> | I've done)
> | It's simple and will probably cover 99.9% (if not more) of the typical
> | windows users (speak up out there if you are an Apache for
>
> This breaks multiple services on the same box, it is not a good idea.
This does not break multiple services.  The -relative location- is
logs/httpd.pid. The absolute location is SERVER_ROOT/logs/httpd.pid. And I
use your technique to resolve server_root (see below).

> | Option 5 - Do something goofy with the registry
> | Don't like this at all.
> |
> | Option 6 - Pass the -k options to the Windows MPM via environment
> | variables
> | and handle this directly in the MPM
>
> Don't know what has survived in Apache 2.0, but I solved this
> problem in the 1.3 tree.  Finding the right pid file is only
> a matter of finding which conf the user intends to signal.
> Apache 1.3 tries five different locations, in this order:

Yes, I am using this (with implementation tweaks) in Apache 2.0.

All option 1 prevents is the use of the PidFile directive in the
configuration file (i.e., assumes that it will ALWAYS be logs/httpd.pid).

Bill