httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rasmus Lerdorf <ras...@raleigh.ibm.com>
Subject Re: APR leaking HAVE_* macros
Date Tue, 30 Nov 1999 15:17:38 GMT
> Nope.  There are times and places where we do need system specific header
> files inside APR's public headers.  We should always be protecting those
> with #if HAVE_FOO_H.
>
> I have another questions, why are you trying to determine the same things
> that APR has already figured out for you?  APR can already tell you if the
> current system has a particular header file, and Apache shouldn't need too
> many platform specific headers anymore anyway.
>
> I think having APR and Apache both doing the same tests is a bit
> ridiculus.  If Apache needs to know about what the system has, that
> information can be found in APR.

Nothing in Apache should be including apr_config.h and nothing in APR
should be including Apache's config.h.  When you have two separate
autoconf trees, they need to be kept separate.  If they are not to be kept
separate, they should not be two separate autoconf trees.  It is as simple
as that.  If you really want one to include the other's config.h file,
then we need to remove the autoconf stuff from APR and have the top-level
autoconf script handle it and only do a config.m4 for APR.

-Rasmus