httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rasmus Lerdorf <ras...@raleigh.ibm.com>
Subject There goes Tim again...
Date Wed, 17 Nov 1999 00:44:02 GMT
http://www.salon.com/tech/feature/1999/11/16/microsoft_servers/index.html

Microsoft might argue that the importance of Apache and server-side
technologies like Perl, PHP and Java servlets demonstrate that competition
abounds, and that as a result, Microsoft doesn't have an effective
monopoly.

It reminds me a bit of World War II. France (Netscape) has fallen, and the
Battle of Britain is being fought for the Web, with the stalwart
resistance of the Apache Group holding up the juggernaut till the rest of
the free world can get its act together.  Whether Linux and the rest of
the open source movement, or the Justice Department and the courts, play
the role of America, I leave to history to determine.

-Rasmus