httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Dean Gaudet <dgau...@arctic.org>
Subject Re: sendfile API
Date Thu, 04 Nov 1999 16:03:36 GMT

On Mon, 1 Nov 1999, Bill Stoddard wrote:

> I only included a header buffer because it seems to catch all the most
> common cases. We could be more generic and include an io_vec for header
> information; could include an io_vec for trailers as well, but that just
> seems to be overkill.

please do the iovecs... isn't that what NT supports?  linux supports it as
well (via TCP_CORK and writev)... it's only hpux i think that's got the
silly single buffer limitations.

please do the trailers... just so that we have them for when we want them
later.  (i.e. consider an imap server which wants to use sendfile to send
message bodies/attachments, it needs a trailer).

Dean