httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ask Bjoern Hansen <...@valueclick.com>
Subject Re: OFF TOPIC: Any general apache administration mail lists?
Date Fri, 19 Nov 1999 10:47:12 GMT
On Sun, 14 Nov 1999, Manoj Kasichainula wrote:

[...]
> If this is important to you, use a piped logger which sends all
> entries to a central machine for writing.

at ValueClick we use a system like that (s/piped logger/custom apache
module/) for all our logging. Works very well and it was easy to do all
sorts of buffering and stuff for reliability. And in the normal case there
is no disk IO from logging on the webserver (and no multi gigabyte files
to rotate and stuff).

 - ask

--
ask bjoern hansen - <http://www.netcetera.dk/~ask/>