httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Stein <gst...@lyra.org>
Subject Re: OFF TOPIC: Any general apache administration mail lists?
Date Fri, 12 Nov 1999 23:52:31 GMT
Normally, Apache places the lock file into the logs directory. If the logs
directory is on an NFS mount (note that Apache can't put its lock file on
an NFS mount), then you must use LockFile to put the lock file on a local
disk.

The lock file is used for handling the accept() call on a web request. It
is unrelated to log files.
[ the fact that the lock file is normally placed into the log directory is
  probably part of the confusion... ]

Now... how to get Apache to lock stuff properly on an NFS mount? Beats me.
I'm a neophyte in that whole area :-)

Cheers,
-g

--