httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Stein <gst...@lyra.org>
Subject Re: Resolving ebmedded image references in an HTML page
Date Fri, 12 Nov 1999 00:34:55 GMT
Note: please use apache-modules for questions like this. Also, you had
already sent this message without a subject line. Adding one and
*resending* simply means that everybody gets spammed with multiple copies.
Not to mention one copy for new-httpd and one for apache-modules.

Now... to the question...

On Thu, 11 Nov 1999, Vinod Mehra wrote:
> and then passes it back to the client.  The image references are not
> getting resolved.
>
> eg. my request is like:
>     GET <my-tag>/acommand HTTP/1.1
> This returns an html page with an image refernce : for
> /servletimages/trans.gif

Is that the actual reference? With a leading "/" on it?

If so, then that is how the web works! It means the reference is relative
to the server, rather than the request-URI. Drop the leading "/" and the
web browser should construct the final request properly.

I'd recommend reading up on "relative URIs (URLs)" and "absolute URIs
(URLs)" somewhere. No references right now, but any basic authoring book
should discuss them.

However, if you typoed and that leading "/" is *not* there, then I dunno.
Your code looks fine.

Cheers,
-g

--