httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ryan Bloom <...@raleigh.ibm.com>
Subject Re: APR leaking HAVE_* macros
Date Tue, 30 Nov 1999 00:46:20 GMT

I'll fix this over the next few days.  A lot of this is left over from
original development of APR.  Some of it was just poor planning.  I'll
investigate tomorrow when I get a chance, and start committing as soon as
I can figure out how to avoid the problem.  There should be very few files
includeing non-APR headers.

Ryan

On Mon, 29 Nov 1999, Manoj Kasichainula wrote:

> A number of APR header files are #including apr_config.h and leaking
> the HAVE_* macros from autoconf. They are clashing with the HAVE_
> macros that will be present in Apache once the autoconf scripts are
> committed.
>
> Why is this #include necessary? I would think that APR's include files
> should have no dependancies on the particular machine, and those
> macros pollute the namespace of the application.
>
> In fact, why are any of the system includes (i.e. sys/types.h)
> necessary in the user-visible include files? I would think they should
> confined to APR-internal .c or .h files.
>
> Other than the warnings from this, compiles using autoconf or
> src/Configure are working fine for me.
>
> --
> Manoj Kasichainula - manojk@raleigh.ibm.com
> IBM, Apache Development