httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ryan Bloom <...@raleigh.ibm.com>
Subject Painful changes. :-)
Date Tue, 23 Nov 1999 15:48:50 GMT

I have spent the last half day changing the parameter order for some of
the functions we moved from Apache to APR.  I started with the changes
that didn't really affect too many people, and those have been committed.
Now, I am modifying the tables logic.  This will be a truly painful change
for our module writers.  I have updated all of the standard modules, but I
am wary of committing this.

This is a HUGE change, and it will break every module out there, and for
big modules, it could cause people to spend days finding all of our
parameter re-ord's.  I would like input on this before I commit it.

The latest patch (which only gets three funcs, I believe) can be found at
http://www.ntrnet.net/~rbb/apache/bigchange.diff

Please let me know what you think about continuing this project.  I am
having doubts.  :-)

Ryan

Ryan Bloom		rbb@raleigh.ibm.com
4205 S Miami Blvd