httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ryan Bloom <...@raleigh.ibm.com>
Subject Re: fprintf(stderr in Apache and APR.
Date Thu, 18 Nov 1999 14:38:23 GMT

> >Do we change their interfaces, and automatically break EVERY module
> >out there because we are changing our API's?
>
> That's hapenning anyway.

We are breaking everybody, but usually in very small ways.  Only more
complex modules REALLY have to change anything now, and usually even those
changes are small.  If we change the API's for each of these functions,
those changes become really bad IMO.  I'm wiliing to do it, but I want the
groups opinion first.  I know Greg is against it, and I agree with what he
said earlier, but having APR print errors to stderr is just horrible.  And
it will not stay that way if I have anything to say about it.  And, I do,
because I'm fixing the code even as we speak.  :-)

Ryan

Ryan Bloom		rbb@raleigh.ibm.com
4205 S Miami Blvd