httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ryan Bloom <...@raleigh.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Moving reliable piped logs into APR
Date Thu, 11 Nov 1999 16:24:51 GMT

I agree that the application needs full control of WHEN it's done, but why
does the application need control of HOW it's done?

I just want to move the logic that allows us to register a sub-process as
an important process.  I am not suggesting that any of this is used in APR
calls.

Moving this logic down to APR doesn't have any influence of when it's
used.  Could you explain why you think the application needs to have
control of how it's implemented?

Ryan