httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ryan Bloom <>
Subject Re: Common code
Date Wed, 10 Nov 1999 18:08:53 GMT

I think I like the idea of #ifdef's actually.  It tells the programmer
exactly which header file they should be modifying.  I considered doing
this in the Makefile, by using "-I../@OSDIR@" instead of "-I.".  But I
think this is just confusing, and it just ends up hiding where the file is
really located.

I'm +1 for the ifdefs.

> OK, so I'm revisiting this (yet) again.
> The recent addition of sockaddr.c meant that I had an opportunity to
> practise what I preach and use the default.c file to include the code.
> Problem I discovered is that it uses the networkio.h from the Unix
> directory, not the beos one!  There isn't much difference but enough to
> provoke a few memory faults.  It can easily overcome by a small #ifdef
> but
> does that defeat the objective of having nice clean code?
> I've committed a sockaddr.c into the beos directory until this is
> resolved...

Ryan Bloom
4205 S Miami Blvd