httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ryan Bloom <...@raleigh.ibm.com>
Subject Re: fyi: Cosm Project
Date Mon, 08 Nov 1999 15:02:56 GMT

Adam contacted me directly, and I have replied to his concerns about APR
privately.  When he and I come to a conclusion about what APR is and what
Cosm is and where they intersect, I will post a response to Cosm.

My basic feeling after looking through the code briefly is that Cosm is
not designed for use as portability layer where performance is important,
or where large groups of non-core members are going to use it (i.e. module
writers).  That is after only an hour of reading through small pieces of
the code, and I may be wrong, so I want to get Adam's response to my
concerns before I go into more detail here.

Ryan