httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Tony Finch <...@dotat.at>
Subject Re: UseCanonicalName no longer in Directory containers?
Date Thu, 18 Nov 1999 14:25:38 GMT
Ryan Bloom <rbb@raleigh.ibm.com> wrote:

>> It would be nice if 2.0 had more fine-grained admin control of
>> .htaccess files...
>
>Do I hear a volunteer?????

:-) I hesitate to sign up when I don't know where the time would come
from, but I've thought about it a little. Would it be acceptable to
significantly break compatibility with the 1.3 configuration language?
What I would do is throw away the Options directive and replace it
with a separate directive to control each option. I would also replace
AllowOverride with a more generic system that could {en,dis}able each
directive from appearing in .htaccess files, individually or in groups.
(I haven't thought much about how to define groups of directives.)

Tony.
--
dot it at