httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Marr <gr...@alum.wpi.edu>
Subject Re: faster malloc for multithreaded programs
Date Mon, 01 Nov 1999 20:39:44 GMT
At 03:18 PM 11/1/99 , Rasmus Lerdorf wrote:
>Well, this discussion probably belongs on the license list, but I
>have been through the LGPL a few times now trying to figure out if I
>could include LGPL'ed stuff in PHP and it is much too vague in my
>opinion.
>[...]
>If Apache is deemed a derivative work because of the above, then all
>of Apache has to be LGPL'ed as per clauses that came before that
>one.  Without a clear defitnition of what is a derivative work and
>what isn't, I think this license is much too shaky.

Has anyone ever actually talked to the authors of packages such as
these to see if they'd be willing to contribute their code to Apache,
or release a version of the code under Apache's license so that it
could be included?  It's not like this is MS or anything.  They've
already released it under one public license.  They'd probably be
willing to release it under another if people asked nicely.

--
Greg Marr
gregm@alum.wpi.edu