httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rodent of Unusual Size <Ken.C...@Golux.Com>
Subject Re: Pause to Consider
Date Mon, 29 Nov 1999 21:21:59 GMT

	:
> Well, from experience I can tell you that it adds up.  The PHP 3
> configure.in file is over 3000 lines and quite nasty to figure out.
> By comparison the PHP 4 configure.in is 759 lines including a lot
> more comments and also a lot more flexibility.

Ever since I started looking at it I've been impressed by the
modularity of the PHP package.  I'm with Rasmus here because
the PHP project has been there, done that, and learned from it.
So what if we have three dozen separate directories?  The only
objection I can see is that it would become difficult to distinguish
between the standard ones and 3p ones that have been added.. but
perhaps that can be addressed by having standard/actions..standard/env
and so on for the standard ones, and extra/foo..extra/bar for 3p
ones.  Except that once again it's treating the standard ones
specially..
--
#ken    P-)}

"Apache Server for Dummies" <http://ASFD.MeepZor.Com/>