httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rodent of Unusual Size <Ken.C...@Golux.Com>
Subject Loosening the restriction on Script?
Date Sat, 27 Nov 1999 15:01:55 GMT
The Script directive lets you install a CGI script as a
content handler by method (such as for PUT).  Currently,
though, it only allows this to be done for methods that
are already hard-coded into Apache.  I suspect this may
be because <Limit> couldn't be used on any others than
the known methods.

I'd like to remove this restriction, since we now have
<LimitExcept>, so that Script can be used to set up a
handler for any arbitrary method.  This would allow new
methods (like the DAV ones a while ago, for instance)
to be usable in a primitive fashion until the main source
catches up and incorporates them.

I have a patch, but not right here.  Does anyone have
a veto for this loosening?
--
#ken    P-)}

"Apache Server for Dummies" <http://ASFD.MeepZor.Com/>