httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Graham Leggett <minf...@sharp.fm>
Subject Re: .htaccess
Date Tue, 09 Nov 1999 15:57:40 GMT
Greg Maxwell wrote:

> I'm not looking to protect life critical or classified data. Our intranet
> has some slightly sensitive data on it (personal contact data of
> personnel), if you are going to go through the trouble of putting a trojan
> on my network then you could get this data other ways. :)
>
> As it stands right now, I would have to run two webservers. :(

Hmmm - what you could do is run two different virtual hosts on different
IP addresses serving the same content. One IP address would be visible
to the inside only filtered by packet filter, the other to the outside.

It isn't perfect but it's a workaround...

Regards,
Graham
minfrin@sharp.fm		"There's a moon
					over Bourbon Street