httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@devsys.jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache-2.0/src/os/win32 os.h
Date Tue, 30 Nov 1999 00:46:28 GMT
Manoj Kasichainula wrote:

> If you put "#define HAVE_UNISTD_H 0" in ap_config_auto.h, configure
> will change it to "#define HAVE_UNISTD_H 1". It will also change
> #undefs to the same string, so autoconf can deal with both systems
> just fine.

Just remember that if
  #define HAVE_FOOBAR 0

then
  #ifdef HAVE_FOOBAR

will be true :)

> What happens when you "#if HAVE_STRDUP" and HAVE_STRDUP is not
> defined? If the compiler blows up, then we should leave things the way
> they are.

Agreed, that's why I said that we need to make sure that for
every preprocessor variable we use, we would need to make sure
it's 0 or 1. Of course, doing this forces us to make sure that's
that case or else the compiler/preprocessor will barf (good for
finding typos).

I'm comfy with either method, but we need to recall that 3rd party
modules will also be using our auto-made config files, so we'll
need to be consistant (and make sure they know which method we're
using :) )

Good show!
                "Are you suggesting coconuts migrate??"